Friday, October 3, 2014

Sorrento, Italy

Friday October 3, 2014

Sorrento, Italy:
I figured it would be extremely hard to follow up an amazing 10 day trip but I never thought I would top it. This past weekend we visited Sorrento Italy and took a day trip to Capri. After our exam 12 of us set off for the long trip to Sorrento. I had found a house up on the mountain side looking out over the water and the island of Capri but the pictures made it look to good to be true...but it was everything we could have ever dreamed of and more. Pulling up into the house it took my breath away. The house itself was nice...but the view was absolutely unbelievable...and with a roof top deck and all.


Once we had gotten to the house and settled in it was around 9:30 and the man we were renting from cooked us dinner and gave us wine. Once he left we all hung out until we eventually turned it in for the night.


Saturday October 4, 2014

A couple of us woke up at 6:30 to catch the sunrise and after that we got the bus into the city of Sorrento. The night before, the man we were renting from Roberto, had recommended us to take a private boat for the day around the island of Capri, we took his advice and I will look back and consider it one of the best decisions I made while abroad.

The boat was also a pleasant surprise, I half expected it to be a little dinky thing but it was large and very comfortable and the captain packed a cooler for us full of beer, water, and soda so it couldn't have gotten any better. We motored all around until we went to the island of Capri and all got off the boat for a few hours to explore and eat.







We spend sometime on the island then a couple of us swam back to the boat that was anchored off shore. I still couldn't believe or process what was happening. I was on a private boat going around the coast of Italy...it was unreal. After we got back on the boat we checked out a few more places until we had to make the sad ride back to shore. The day on the boat will forever be one of the best trips of my life.





Once we were back on dry land the 12 of us grabbed dinner and went back to the house to celebrate our last night together. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment