Friday, December 5, 2014

Laax, Switzerland

Friday December 5, 2014

Laax, Switzerland

I never thought this day would come...the last weekend of traveling Europe. Sadly it was here. Earlier in the semester everyone talked about going skiing/snowboarding so a group of 28 of us all chipped in to get a bus to Laax, because our rail passes didn't work anymore, and going skiing for the weekend. Originally when I showed up at the hotel I thought it was going to be a bust. The hotel was very cool and we rented out and entire floor but their was absolutely no snow on the ground...boy was I wrong. Once we had all gotten there and settled in we went from room to room hanging out and talking but taking it slow and relaxing because we wanted to be at the lifts by 8:30 in the morning.


Saturday December 6, 2014

We woke up at 7am to grab breakfast and then walk to the lifts. Once we got there to rent all of our equipment I was stuck for about 2 hours trying to decide between renting skis or snowboarding...given I've never skied and haven't snowboarded in 12 years, I went with skiing..thanks god.  Getting up the lifts took about an hour and when I finally got off I was speechless. We were about 10,000 feet literally skiing about and into the clouds. It was probably the single greatest view I have ever seen, their is really nothing like it.









I picked up skiing immediately, the hard part wasn't skiing but it was getting on and off lifts and actually trying to move around when not riding down a hill. Needless to say it was one of the highlights of my entire trip abroad and I couldn't have asked for a better way to end it.  Everyone had become so close and being able to ski then hangout with everyone one last time was fantastic. Writing this blog I wish I was back their right now. Can't believe it's over. Like they say all good things come to and end. This trip has forever changed my life and still cannot believe it's over. Greatest semester of my life.   


No comments:

Post a Comment