Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Barcelona, Spain

Wednesday October 29, 2014

Barcelona, Spain

We arrived in Barcelona around 10 in the morning and I went my separate ways from everyone since my parents had come to visit!! I took a taxi to the hotel I was meeting my parents in and as soon as I got there I fell asleep. After my dad finished his work we went out to Lunch and the 3 of us walked around the city planning out our next two days as my parents adjusted. The first day with them was full of a lot of food and a lot of walking around. We visited a very old cathedral and my parents bought some fancy olive oil.


Thursday October 30, 2014

My parents turned in early so I did as well but we hit the this day hard. We woke up early, grabbed breakfast and went straight to the sights. The first place we visited was the Sagrada Familia which is easily the most beautiful and interesting church/religious building I have ever been in or seen in my entire life. We spent a solid 2 hours walking around and admiring it, it is unlike anything I have ever seen before and the fact that it is still under construction after 120 years is amazing.





We spent a lot of time in the Sagrada Familia and from there went into the FC Barcelona futbol store to do a little shopping. We rounded out this day by going to the Pablo Picasso Museum...which in my opinion and my fathers is really not all that special. Sure some of his work is amazing but the rest of it, I just don't get it. It does not look very impressive and i simply lost interest after being in there for all of 15 minutes.


From the Picasso Museum we went back and got changed because my parents were taking everyone out to dinner. We went to a really cool...really late dinner. I don't understand how the Spanish do it. They eat at 9:30-10 and go out at 12:30-1 in the morning. So we all ate and drank then all the guys went out at 1 in the morning, needless to say it was a one time thing for me. All of us went our separate ways and turned in around 6am.


Friday October 31, 2014

The next morning was exhausting but it was my last in Spain. My mother made me get out of bed at 11:30 and go straight to touring. There were a few places that my parents really wanted to see so Friday was devoted to seeing and doing what they wanted to do. We ate a really good small restaurant that my dad had heard about and saw a couple stores my mom was really interested in seeing. From there we walked along the beach, my one regret, I never set foot on the beach once in Barcelona. I was next to it, feet away but I never set foot on it or went swimming. I did however, witness some really cool sand art.



We walked and ate the rest of the night, I turned in with my parents when everyone else went out and left for Riva the next morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment